Learn the basics of PL/SQL. Run tests in a loop, verify the query results against expected outcomes and log the test runs.
About the course
Most database tests can be described in a simple way – verify that a field meets the specified requirements and if it does, the test passes. All such tests have a unified way to state expected results – either the fields are always equal or they’re not. These tests can be automated.
This course aims towards this automation. We will learn the basics of PL/SQL – a procedural extension of Oracle SQL.
You’ll see how it can be used to run tests in a loop, verify the query results against expected outcomes and log the test runs. All this will allow the tester to run a script in the evening and check the results in the morning, verifying reported incidents.
- This course is very technical
- Most basic and some advanced SQL techniques
- Knowledge of basic query structure, sub selects, and the basic types of joins
- Knowledge of DML and DDL commands will be useful but not necessary
- Previous programming experience is not necessary at all
- Automating existing tests
- Importing tests into a database
- Functions to run specific tests