This one-day course directly follows the basic Test Automation using Robot Framework training and is meant for more advanced testers who already have experience with the basics of RobotFramework and would like to grow professionally and deepen their knowledge. The course will be mostly practical. We will select a web app that we’ll then examine closely. We will define TC/use cases that we’ll then automate like we would on a real project.
Another goal of this course is to familiarize participants with their own keyword creation (Python basics). There will also be a demonstration of some important RF libraries, running tests in the cloud, testing mobile apps and running tests using CI (Jenkins).
Attendees of this course should be able to work independently on web app automation projects including testing API and DB. They will be able to create code for automated tests that is easy to read and maintain and will understand the report after the test run.
- Practical exercises – real web
- Technical “clean code”
- Introduction of interesting RF libraries
- Python basics
- Own keywords
- Command line work – running in Jenkins
- Running tests in the cloud
- Knowledge of RF basics
- Basic knowledge of algorithms an Python
- A laptop with a Robot Framework installation (Win10 or Linux) and admin rights
- The newsest Chrome/Firefox browser and the relevant ChromeDriver/GeckoDriver installed
- A developer environment ready (PyCharm, ATOM, IDEA, etc.) + plug-ins
- Optional Jenkins installation