Test Automation in DevOps, Workshop
This half-day workshop will cover basic concepts of continuous testing. It explains typical process of implementation, test levels and stages in Agile/DevOps (pipelines, jobs) environments. Afterwards, attendees will build their own (first?) pipelines using free opensource tools.
The workshop will include working with git repository and various cloud tools. We will also work with .yaml files, virtualization, and containers.
Course duration: 4 hours
- Continuous testing
- Typical process of implementation
- Levels and stages in DevOps / Agile
- Tools supporting your continuous testing efforts
- Pipeline structure
- Hands-on exercises:
- Stages, jobs, artifacts & reports
- Optionally: scheduling, secrets, pipeline parameters
- Chrome and any other web browser
- Basic knowledge of Git and Linux is beneficial but not required
- Knowledge of Docker could also help to efficiency but not required
The main goal of this workshop is to introduce participants with main concepts of continuous testing, as well as provide experience with building first simple continuous testing pipeline.
The target audience includes those interested in continuous testing techniques, examples, and applications. Everybody who works or willing to work in modern development (using Agile / DevOps approach) is invited to come and learn something new. The workshop will be introductory, so no previous knowledge of continuous testing is required.
Max. number of attendees: 10