Senior Test Automation Engineer
Develop your career in one of the fastest growing and most exciting areas in the IT industry.
Your role and responsibilities
- Test automation framework definition, development and maintenance, considering both the client’s existing tool, skill set, emerging test tools, trends and methodologies.
- Collaborate on the definition of automation test plans and strategies.
- Perform test analysis to define test scope and test cases, including analysis of documentation and existing test scope to identify areas that are suitable for automation.
- Create and maintain test scripts and required test data.
- Execute tests, as part of CI/CD pipeline if required, and reporting on findings.
- Coordinate and lead small teams of Test Automation Engineers.
- Provide mentoring for less-experienced colleagues and support their technical development.
- Collaborate with product managers, UX designers, architects, business analysts and software engineers in order to improve test coverage and testability.
- Defect reporting and management.
- Presenting results of work to a customer.
- Prepare and take part in workshops and presentations for our clients and define test automation solutions that meet their specific needs
- Opportunity to accelerate your career in testing
- Commitment to your professional and personal growth
- Regular and intensive training, chance to visit testing conferences
- Flexible working hours and wide benefits package (additional vacation, sick days, possibility to work from home, annual public transport coupon, multisport card…)
- At least 4 years of experience in software testing with strong understanding and knowledge of the overall software quality assurance and excellent skills in test analysis.
- At least 3 years of experience with automated testing.
- English and Czech level at least B2.
- Ability to assess and evaluate test requirements to determine scope to be covered by automated testing.
- Experience with at least one API testing framework such as Rest Assured, PostMan, SOAPUI, etc.
- Experience with XML and JSON to model test data.
- Experience with at least one U]unit testing framework such as JUnit, TestNG, NUnit, etc.
- Experience with Git/SVN for configuration management and Jenkins/TFS for software build/deployments in CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with Linux command line interface.
- Experience of working with databases.
- Experience with test and defect management tools, such as HP ALM, Jira, Zephyr or qTest.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team of test automation engineers.
- Orderliness, analytical thinking and detail orientation.
- Ability to organize and prioritize your work and work of your team.
- Good engagement and collaboration skills and a strong team player.
- Ability to present outputs of your work to the client.
- Reliability, ability to meet deadlines and self-reliance
- Willingness to learn new skills and actively use them in practice.
- ISTQB certificate or other relevant certifications
- Experience with working in a mature Agile or DevOps environment
- Experience in handling multiple projects with changing priorities.
- Docker, cloud-based testing platforms (e.g. Sauce Labs etc.)
- Knowledge or experience with security or penetration testing.
Not for you?
Another roles might be of interest then!