Senior Test Automation Engineer
Develop your career in one of the fastest growing and most exciting areas in the IT industry.
Your role and responsibilities
- Test automation framework definition, development and maintenance, considering both the client’s existing tool, skill set, emerging test tools, trends and methodologies.
- Collaborate on the definition of automation test plans and strategies.
- Perform test analysis to define test scope and test cases, including analysis of documentation and existing test scope to identify areas that are suitable for automation.
- Create and maintain test scripts and required test data.
- Execute tests, as part of CI/CD pipeline if required, and reporting on findings.
- Coordinate and lead small teams of Test Automation Engineers.
- Provide mentoring for less-experienced colleagues and support their technical development.
- Collaborate with product managers, UX designers, architects, business analysts and software engineers in order to improve test coverage and testability.
- Defect reporting and management.
- Presenting results of work to a customer.
- Prepare and take part in workshops and presentations for our clients and define test automation solutions that meet their specific needs
Opportunity to accelerate your career in testing
Chance to experience various projects using various tools and technologies
Annual contribution for learning and development activities
Flexible working hours and home office
25 days of holiday
Flexible benefit package (contribution to sport, recreation activities, pension and life insurance contribution, meal vouchers)
Nice and friendly atmosphere of a small company
- At least 4 years of experience in software testing with strong understanding and knowledge of the overall software quality assurance and excellent skills in test analysis.
- At least 3 years of experience with automated testing.
- English and Czech level at least B2.
- Ability to assess and evaluate test requirements to determine scope to be covered by automated testing.
- Experience with at least one API testing framework such as Rest Assured, PostMan, SOAPUI, etc.
- Experience with XML and JSON to model test data.
- Experience with at least one U]unit testing framework such as JUnit, TestNG, NUnit, etc.
- Experience with Git/SVN for configuration management and Jenkins/TFS for software build/deployments in CI/CD pipelines.
- Experience with Linux command line interface.
- Experience of working with databases.
- Experience with test and defect management tools, such as HP ALM, Jira, Zephyr or qTest.
- Ability to lead and mentor a team of test automation engineers.
- Orderliness, analytical thinking and detail orientation.
- Ability to organize and prioritize your work and work of your team.
- Good engagement and collaboration skills and a strong team player.
- Ability to present outputs of your work to the client.
- Reliability, ability to meet deadlines and self-reliance
- Willingness to learn new skills and actively use them in practice.
- ISTQB certificate or other relevant certifications
- Experience with working in a mature Agile or DevOps environment
- Experience in handling multiple projects with changing priorities.
- Docker, cloud-based testing platforms (e.g. Sauce Labs etc.)
- Knowledge or experience with security or penetration testing.
Not for you?
Another roles might be of interest then!