Advanced Automated Testing
using Selenium and Appium
Get more expertise in effective front-end test automation for web and mobile applications.
About the course
Master front-end automation. Improve your knowledge of the Selenium Web driver. Create stable and easily maintainable test sets. Learn how to exploit the potential of combining Selenium with a Continuous Integration Environment.
We start with the biggest concern in front-end based test automation - maintenance of test scripts. Various approaches and techniques are available for this; when we combine all of them they work very well. We will discuss layered architecture and pay thorough attention to use of the Page Object design pattern. Then we’ll show how to get maximum power from automated tests using data grids and effective test data combinations.
The second day of this training is dedicated to automation of tests in a Continuous Integration Environment. After that we discuss configuration of the execution environment and advanced logging possibilities. The training also focuses on test automation for mobile applications using Selenium in combination with Appium.
Course duration: 2 days
- A laptop
- Knowledge of the Java programming language
- Knowledge of Selenium API
- Up-to date Java development IDE with Maven and JUnit support (Ideally IntelliJ IDEA)
- We will install the rest at the beginning of the training via Maven
- We will give participants access to prepared automated test scripts to customize and develop during the course
- Maintainance of automated tests
- Layered Selenium architecture
- Employing reusable objects
- Running tests locally and remotely
- Mobile automation via Appium
- Good and wrong practices