The Certified Selenium Tester Foundation Level offers a practical training course aimed at test professionals who desire a basic understanding of Selenium WebDriver for creating web application tests. Upon successful completion, participants will be able to create and run Selenium WebDriver tests without supervision. Participants in the course will learn about factors to consider when deciding to automate testing as well as specific techniques for navigation, interacting with GUI elements, logging, reporting, and more.
This is a three-day course with time for the exam on the third day. It consists of equal parts lecture/ demonstrations and hands-on exercises.
By the end of the course, attendees should be able to:
- Create and run Selenium WebDriver tests without supervision.
- You will be able to apply correctly test automation principles to build a maintainable test automation solution.
- You will be able to choose and implement correct test automation tools.
- You will be able to implement Selenium WebDriver scripts that execute functional web application tests and implement maintainable scripts.
- Test Automation Basics
- Internet Technologies for Test Automation of Web Applications
- Using Selenium WebDriver
- Preparing Maintainable Test Scripts
This certification is ideal for automation engineers and those who want to learn automation using the Selenium WebDriver toolset. While this course is accessible to anyone wanting to acquire a basic, hands-on knowledge of Selenium, the main audiences are:
- People with no test automation experience who are starting to automate in Selenium (or who want to get a job doing that)
- People with some GUI test automation experience who are new to Selenium or starting to automate in Selenium (or who want to get a job doing that)
- People with some non-GUI test automation experience who are new to Selenium and starting to automate in Selenium (or who want to get a job doing that)
Attendees should have general knowledge of basic programming and some knowledge of Python.