Terms and conditions
for Training and Events
- Event – online or in-person gathering organized by Tesena with the aim to educate, asses, certificate or entertain attendees. Entry to these events can be paid or free of charge.
- Training course – an educational event for a limited number of participants covering a specific topic, that usually takes place for one or more days. The training course can have several formats including but not limited to a classroom variant and an online variant.
- In-house training – training course provided by Tesena via a Tesena trainer, organized at customer’s premises or as agreed on with the customer.
- Certification exam – an event, organized by Tesena that provides attendees the opportunity to obtain an official certificate given by the test provider which is not Tesena. The exam is always in accordance with rules defined by external authority.
- Customer – a person or a company that purchases the entry to events organized by Tesena, registers participants for such events or otherwise cooperates with or uses Tesena’s services.
- Participant – a person who participates in an event organized by Tesena.
- Tesena premises
- Customer office (for inhouse training)
- External partner premises
- On-line events (online portal)
- Our training rooms are equipped with seating and projection technology.
- Some events may require participants to bring their own laptop with necessary software installations – specific requirements can be found in events invitations.
- Schedule of training courses
- Courses generally start at 9:00 AM unless stated otherwise.
- One-day courses usually last 8 hours.
- Courses include a one-hour lunch break and several coffee breaks; timing is based on the agreement between the trainer and the participants and follows the structure of the course.
Schedule of events
- Schedules of events are individual, depending on the type of event.
- Details can be found in events invitations.
- Schedule of certification exams
- Exams are planned for a specific date usually once per month and based on the number of participants, there may be several times slots in the day, the first starting at 9 AM.
- The time limit for each certification exam is in accordance with rules set by the exam provider. For details contact the training and events department.
- All prices are exclusive of VAT unless stated otherwise.
- Invoice due date is 15 days from its date of issue, or 15 days before the first day of the event, whichever is sooner unless agreed otherwise.
The price includes:
- Material (both printed and electronic, may include license fees).
- Training room and infrastructure (for Tesena premises and partners’ premises).
- For Tesena premises and partners’ premises.
- Lunch is included in some events (details can be found in event invitations).
- Accommodation and travel costs for participants are not included in the event fee.
- For inhouse training the trainer travel cost is included in the total price.
- Tesena can recommend accommodation in the nearby hotels close to Tesena premises and a special promo code; participants book the accommodation by themselves.
0 - 3 days before the course 100% cancellation fee (full price of the course)
4 - 7 days before the course 50% cancellation fee (50% of the course price)
8 and more days before the course 0% cancellation fee (0% of the course price)
- Up to 15 days before event commencement results in 0% postponing fee.
- Less than 3 days before event commencement results in 50% cancellation fee.
- In individual cases of sudden illness etc. individual agreement is possible.
- The customer is entitled to replace an attendee enrolled in an event with another person if communicated 3 days before event, provided that Tesena has approved this before the start of the event.
Cancellation, postponing and changes to events by Tesena
- Tesena reserves the right to make changes in the event schedule or to cancel the event without stating the reasons why as well as changing the format of the course for example from a classroom variant (when attendees are required to physically be at the event venue) to an online variant due to unpredictable or unavoidable reasons.
- Tesena will do everything in its power to run the event as scheduled in the planned format.
- The reasons for event cancellation can be unexpected unavailability or sickness of the trainer, insufficient capacity of course filled as well as other unpredictable reasons that won’t allow us to go through with the event as planned.
- In case of cancellation or change of the schedule participants will be notified as soon as possible. Participants will be offered another date for the same event (if available), the possibility to pick another event from our portfolio and in cases when this isn’t possible the customer will be refunded a 100% of the event price.
- Tesena is not liable for any direct, or indirect, consequential or special damages that may be incurred due to a cancellation of a scheduled class, including, but not limited to, cancellation penalties for transportation or accommodations.
Intellectual property rights
- The participant is not permitted to multiply, distribute or otherwise use the materials/documents etc. obtained in the training course (in full or in part) in any form in violation of the intellectual (property) rights of Tesena or its licensers.
- Online training and events may not be shared or recorded without written permission by Tesena.
Code of conduct
- Tesena reserves the right to exclude participants from further participation of the event, if they, due to their behavior or otherwise, impede or complicate the normal event of (a part of) an event, considering the interests of the other participants, from further participation of the event. Such exclusion is without prejudice to the obligation to pay the entire event fee.