Master front-end automation. Improve your knowledge of the Selenium Web driver. Create stable and easily maintainable test sets. Learn how to exploit the potential of combining Selenium with a Continuous Integration Environment.
We will start of with the biggest concern in front-end based test automation. The maintenance of the test scripts. There are several approaches and tricks to use. When we combine all of them they work very well. We will discuss the layered architecture and pay thorough attention to the usage of the Page Object design pattern. Then we’ll learn how to get maximum power from automated tests using data grids and effective test data combinations.
We’ll dedicate the second day of this training to the automation of tests in a Continuous Integration Environment. After that we shall discuss the configuration of the execution environment and advanced logging possibilities. The training also focuses on the test automation of mobile applications using Selenium in combination with the Appium environment.
- How to reduce maintenance of the automated tests?
- 3 and 4 layered Selenium test automation architecture
- Employment of reusable objects – advanced concepts
- Implementation of Page Object pattern and Page Factory
- Definition of Page Component pattern and strategy of component implementation
- Setting up Driver Manager object for running tests locally and remotely
- Installing the Jenkins server for running tests on remote desktop
- Integration between Jenkins and Git server
- Mobile automation through Appium on Android devices
- Summary of quick-wins, good and wrong practices
- Knowledge of the Java programming language
- Knowledge of Selenium API
- A laptop
- Up-to date Java development IDE with Maven and JUnit support (Ideally IntelliJ IDEA)
- We will install the rest at the beginning of the training via Maven
- We will give participants access to prepared automated test scripts to customize and develop during the course