The course covers the following subject
TMMi is the leading model for test process improvement. It is applicable to both traditional and Agile environments. Organizations and individuals are increasingly adopting TMMi to improve their test process and have their test process or test organization accredited. Attendees will be achieve a detailed understanding of the TMMi model, including the goals, process areas and practices for each maturity level. They will afterwards be able guide and advice an organization or project when using the TMMi model as a basis for their test process improvement. TMMi based assessments, both formal and informal, are also discussed during this 2 day course. The course will be a mixture of lecture and many practical exercises to allow attendees to gain a detailed understanding of the TMMi and the various ways it can be used in practice.
Attendees to the course will receive a complimentary copy of the book “The Little TMMi – objective-driven test process improvement” written by Erik van Veenendaal and Jan Jaap Cannegieter.
This 2 day course is based on the TMMi Professional syllabus. Participants are throughout this course also prepared to successfully take the TMMi Professional exam.
Attendees to the course can optionally also take the TMMi Professional exam. The exam will be organized after of the course and will consists of 40 multiple choice questions whereby 26 correct answers are required to pass the exam.
- Context of test improvement
- Introduction to the TMMi model
- Overview of the TMMi maturity levels
- Structure and components of the TMMi model
- TMMi model in detail
- TMMi formal and informal assessments
- Implementation of the TMMi (incl. critical success factors)
- Test improvement manifesto
- Explain to management the business importance of test process improvement
- Guide and advice an organization or project when using the TMMi model as a basis for their test process improvement
- Provide support in the interpretation and understanding of the TMMi model, including the relationship of the TMMi to the CMMI model
- Act as a co-assessor in informal TMMi assessments
- Participate in programs for improving the test process within an organization or project and can identify critical success factors
Target audience: The TMMi Professional course and qualification is aimed at anyone involved in using the TMMi model. This includes people in roles such as test process improvers, test consultants, TMMi (lead-)assessors, business stakeholders, test managers, and members of a Test Process Group. The TMMi Professional course is appropriate for anyone who wants an understanding of the TMMi model. Holders of the TMMi Professional certificate will be able to demonstrate a level of knowledge required as a prerequisite to become an accredited TMMi lead-assessor or assessor.
Trainer: Erik van Veenendaal, Bonaire
Erik van Veenendaal is a leading international consultant, trainer, and recognized expert in software testing. He is the founder of Improve Quality Services BV, a company that specializes in testing, requirements engineering, and quality management. Erik is the author of a number of books and papers, one of the core developers of the TMap testing methodology and the TMMi improvement model, a participant in working parties of the International Software Testing Qualification Board (ISTQB), and currently on the TMMi Foundation board. He is a frequent speaker at international testing and Agile conferences. For his major contribution to the field of testing, Erik received the “European Testing Excellence Award” in December, 2007 and the “ISTQB International Testing Excelence Award” in October, 2015.